The history of Ford tractors began with the same person as the rest of Ford from Henry Ford himself.
True, unlike the automobile division, the path of the tractors was thorny. Moreover, he became thorny from the very beginning - the evil shareholders did not allow Henry Ford to spend energy and money on agricultural machinery and he created a new company Henry Ford & Son Inc for their production. True, the inscription on the hood of the tractors was reduced to simply Fordson.
Like the Ford-T, the first model of the Fordson F tractor was built on a conveyor belt and produced in huge runs. The successful start of tractor production was greatly facilitated by the conclusion of contracts for the supply of agricultural machinery, concluded with the British government, which urgently needed to expand arable land and increase the tractor fleet. In this regard, Ford built a tractor factory in Ireland.
In addition to England, Ford also raised the agriculture of Soviet Russia, where 20,000 tractors were delivered, and later, its own production of tractors under the Fordson brand was established. Despite the huge distribution network and popularity of tractors, in 1928 the production of Fordson tractors in the USA was discontinued.
But this is in the USA, and in England everything was fine again, and even the production of tractors was moved to the outskirts of London, and now Ford tractors were imported into the USA
The first post-war Ford Nseries tractor model was developed in partnership with Henry Ferguson, inventor of the three-point linkage.
After the death of Henry Ford Sr. in 1945, management of the company was transferred to his grandson Henry Ford Jr., who broke all agreements with Ferguson and was followed by a long patent litigation, which resulted in the emergence of similar 8N models of Ferguson TE20 and Massey-Ferguson FX35 tractors.
Another turning point was 1964, when all tractors received the Ford name and the corporate blue color, and the branches in England lost their former independence.
In the future, Ford remained an adherent of the classic layout tractors and power up to 150 hp.
In the eighties, another significant event occurred - Ford acquired the Sperry-New-Holland consortium and became one of the largest agricultural equipment manufacturers in the world.
1940 Ford Tractor